Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced its new generation server family designed to support hybrid cloud environments and digital transformation on November 1, 2022, through an announcement made on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The new HPE ProLiant Gen11 servers provide intuitive, reliable, and optimized computing resources for various modern workloads, including artificial intelligence, analytics, local cloud applications, intense graphic applications, machine learning, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
Neil MacDonald, Vice Chairman of the Board and General Manager of Information Technology at HPE, said, “The foundation of any hybrid strategy is computing. HPE Compute brings organizations closer to the edge where data is generated, new cloud experiences are delivered, and security is indispensable. The new HPE ProLiant Gen11 servers are designed to provide an intuitive cloud computing experience, design-based security, and optimized performance for workloads in the hybrid world.”
+Intuitive Cloud Computing Experience
- The new generation HPE ProLiant servers provide a local management console with “HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management.” This automates access, monitoring, and management of servers securely, no matter where the computing environment is located, increasing operational efficiency.
- This console offers simple, unified, and automated features to allow users to control computations with central visibility. With these features, you can easily integrate thousands of distributed devices, benefit from faster server hardware firmware updates, and focus on managing your business operations rather than complex IT infrastructure.
- HPE continues to provide secure infrastructure from edge to cloud. HPE Silicon Root of Trust, a unique security feature at the silicon level, adds a distinct digital fingerprint to the server, protecting millions of lines of product software code from malware and ransomware. Today, HPE Silicon Root of Trust ensures the security of millions of HPE servers worldwide.
The new generation HPE ProLiant servers are built on innovative security with the following new features to protect data and systems:
- You can provide verification and authentication for device components with the new iLO6 version of HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO). iLO is remote server management software that allows users to configure, monitor, and update HPE servers seamlessly and securely. The latest iLO6 version has a new authentication feature using “Security Protocol and Data Model” (SPDM), which authenticates devices based on open standards to verify and securely monitor their identity.
- Prevent changes in unique server identity access by including platform certificates and Secure Device Identity (iDevID) by default.
- You gain an additional layer of authentication by monitoring secure boot and system status through the Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
+Optimized Performance for All Workloads
- Organizations need optimal computing and accelerated processing performance when running more demanding workloads such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and graphic processing projects. The new generation HPE ProLiant servers are optimized to deliver high performance even in the most data-intensive workloads, supporting a wide range of architectures, including 4th generation AMD EPYC™ processors, 4th generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, and Ampere® Altra.
- Compared to the previous generation, the new HPE ProLiant Gen11 servers provide twice the I/O bandwidth, 50% more cores per CPU for improved workload consolidation, and 33% higher performance per server for AI and graphic-intensive workloads.
+HPE GreenLake Pay-as-You-Go Consumption Model
- If you want to transition from the old generation to the new one, you can opt for the HPE GreenLake model that adopts a pay-as-you-go approach. With this model, you can acquire an efficient IT infrastructure in your own environment without bearing investment costs managed by HPE.
- Additionally, through HPE Financial Services (HPEFS), users can convert existing technology assets into capital to purchase new or upgraded technology.
When Can You Purchase?
HPE ProLiant Gen11 servers with 4th generation AMD EPYC™ processors will be available for worldwide ordering on November 10, and they will be offered through the HPE GreenLake cloud platform.
HPE ProLiant RL300 Gen11 servers with Ampere processors are available for worldwide ordering starting today.